The Ayrolle des Angles’ mansion
Pierre François Ayrolle had this beautiful mansion built in 1760 for his wife. Today, it contains the post-office, and the taxes office on the ground-floor, and the Town Hall on the first floor.
In 1923, on the Claux Place, a group of people is posing for the photo. The clothing style has evolved : short trousers and long socks. Everyone is wearing a hat or a cap. In the background on the right-hand-side, the war memorial, set up in 1921. Today, the Place is occupied by the market every Tue
The bell tower of St-Pierre Church
From the street, you will admire the bell-tower arrow built as around 1810 and replaced in 1961 by shorter and more esthetical one.
St Peter's Church of Nant
The west front finds its origin again. The porch or the narthex will be developed by the daylight thanks to the opening of the two arches walled since the 14th century.
The chevet of St Pierre de Nant
The restored chevet. The central part of the apse received an arcature with colonettes and capitals, like the two others sides; the buttress was lowered and the joints were renewed with lime.
The bridge of " La Prade "
A beautiful piece of work from the 14th century, of which the two tuff arches, of 15 meters in diameter, span the Dourbie.
The bell tower of St-Pierre Church (2)
You can also see the spire of the belfry but this time, it is taken from the cloister square. There is still some water, the same one that in the past, ran into a cattle pond.
There’s nearly one hundred years’ time between these two postcards. The houses have been restored little by little since 1965 – 1970, while keeping their authenticity. You can guess the road on the right side and see clearly terraces and dry-stone walls from the past. (see Cantobre on the site)
The Dourbie river at the submerged bridge
Neither in the past nor today, but this is the Dourbie river in August 2003 and during the big flood of November 1994. In November 2003, the Dourbie reached the same level and rose even higher.
The parapet, Côte des Liquisses.
On about 770 metres, a parapet has been built on the hill in direction of the Liquisses hamlet. The wall is built with stones which come from the quarry of Sauclières, and the “clouques” (rounded coping) which protect it are made in concrete by Germain’s Firm.
Wind mill in St Pierre de La Fage
Introduced in occident in the 12th century, the wind mill, even if it changes significantly the constraints linked to the power (running water or animal power) brings a few changes in the grain grinding system.
The washing-place of l’Allée Chaude
On June 1921, 5th the Council of Nant decided to build a covered washing-place. During the spring 2006, the frame, the roofing have been restored and the old public toilets which hid the washing-place, have been built again on each side of the entrance of the washing-place.
Maison d'Accueil Sainte-Marie (old people's home)
We can see the old building of Ste-Marie, on the background. Construction of the new old people’s home. (2005-2006-2007).
Since July 2006, a new building came out on a private field. The building own by Jean-Pierre Lacroix, chemist in St Jean du Bruel, SCI Oxalac, can accommodate 3 shops. There is a little supermarket Vival.
The oratory in 1988. Through the impetus given by Martial Coulet, volunteers of Nant restored this small chapel in 1997. Well done!
Around 1970, Marcel Muret, builder in Nant, replaced the roofing (which was not waterproof) by a concrete slab. In August 2007, Guy Tomas, builder in L’Hospitalet recovered it with slates.
Old slaughterhouse of Nant
In 1930, Julien's Family constructed this building, covered by a concrete slab. One part was a slaughterhouse and the other was the butcher's shop with the cold room.
Four à pain de la Liquisse-Basse
La grange dite "grange de Peytavin".